Thursday, December 8, 2011

Lime Crime- My first order

I am not sure how many of you have heard of Lime Crime Make Up, but if you haven't, it's time you start listening...err reading. :)

I heard of Lime Crime for the first time a few months ago. I never actually took the time to check the site out until recently however. The first thing that caught my eye was Model Mosh wearing their gorgeous red lipstick. As a Pin Up gal, I love Mosh and I LOVE red lipstick and the many shades red lipstick can come in. I was fortunate enough to check out Lime Crime during their Cyber Monday sale which meant I could buy their lipstick and eye dust at a discounted price. Did you say sale? SOLD!!

I ordered two lipsticks, two different shades of red to be precise, although they have many amazing and unique colors. I ordered Glamour 101, a beautiful red wine color and Retrofuturist, a nice bright opaque red. I also ordered Mirror Mirror which is a nice shimmery silvery gray eyeshadow. Shipping was a flat $5.95. I wanted more but I figured let me start off slow.

A few days later a pretty purply pink lime crime box arrived at my door. Here's a photo of the adorable box.:

I opened the box almost immediately. The lipsticks come in these cute purple tubes with a holographic unicorn on them. The eye dust also has a purple cap with the unicorn on them. Very girly! Very cute! But how do they look on? Well, I was very excited to see!!!


The first color I had to try was Glamour 101. This is from their Lip Noir line.The color was so rich and intense that I was curious to see how it looked on. The color is amazing. The actual color is very different from the way it appears in the tube but still beautiful. It is very classy and elegant. Not the usual pin up red I wear, but I have to say it may very well be the best red I have ever worn. It has a pleasant odor and glides on smooth with great coverage. It doesn't dry out my lips like a lot of reds do. The Retrofuturist is more like the traditional pin up red I am use to. It is equally as impressive. My lips maintain the color for quite a long time and when wiped off leaves a nice stain on your lips. This is the PERFECT pin up red. I can't imagine this color not looking good on everyone. I also had to try the eye dust. I applied the eye dust over my urban decay primer. It applied well with great coverage. It was shimmery and not overly intense. I think it would look great with a smokey eye look which I will have to try next. Here is a picture of me wearing Mirror Mirror eye dust and the Glamour 101.


I have to admit. Once I ordered, I began reading reviews and watching you tube videos like a crazy person. Then I read that the Lime Crime new Carousel Glosses were available for a limited time. So, what's a girl to do but place another order which I did. I can't wait to get the glosses. I highly recommend Lime Crime. Well worth the price.

To buy these products: www.limecrimemakeup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment