Monday, January 2, 2012

Kat Von D Ludwig Palette

I will begin by saying that I was so excited when I first learned that Kat Von D was launching a makeup line with Sephora. I have been a big fan of hers for years, starting with her appearance on Miami Ink. I love her Rock N Roll look and love her confidence and her fearless spirit. As a rocker chick, I knew whatever she was selling, I would be buying.

The first item I purchased was one of the eyeshadow palettes, called Ludwig. Anyone who knows about Kat, know she is a big Beethoven fan. This palette intrigued me because I felt the colors were perfect for someone with my eye color, hair color and complexion. I love to wear browns and I love the smokey eye look so this was a must have. The palette features eight colors which are: Lucifer (Black Matte Charcoal Black), Orbi (Golden Green Shimmer), Dimebag (Metallic Lime Green), Tequila (Metallic Cornsilk Shimmer), Clay ( Beige with gold glimmer), Downtown (Metallic Light Copper Shimmer), Baroque (Golden Bronze Shimmer), and Leather (Deep Chocolate Brown Sheen).


I love these colors. I love the pigmentation. I love the way that they can be used together to make dramatic looks or beautiful toned down everyday looks. I find that the color last longer when worn with a primer, as it also is intensified, but even when worn without the primer it lasts fairly long. I think this is probably the most tame of all her palettes in terms of the colors. There are others with bolder colors like bright blues and purples, which are also beautiful, but this is a great introduction to the colors. One thing I will say is that you need to be very careful with the palette. I don't recall dropping it but maybe I tossed it into my makeup case to hard but the black has now crumbled and is barely usable. The others colors are still intact.

Overall, I love this palette. I have other Kat Von D products which I also love but this is my favorite. The palette can be purchased at Sephora for $34. Well worth the money.

www.sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment