Sunday, January 1, 2012

Lime Crime Candy Eyed Eyeshadow Helper

I am fairly new to the Lime Crime product line. I recently purchased a few lipsticks, then some glosses and then some more lipstick. I follow them on twitter and a few weeks ago they tweeted about a flash sale. Certain items on their site were significantly discounted. The biggest discount was on this Candy Eyed primer. I decided to purchase it along with two lippies I had been eying.

Primer is an important tool in any makeup fanatics toolbox. I have tried quite a few over the years and for the last few I have been a dedicated Urban Decay user. I have always loved the shimmer that the Sin style offered. I think there is a new favorite in town now. Lime Crime describes the primer as guaranteed to keep your eyeshadow on no matter what. I tried the primer for the first time when I went out to a friend's gig. I applied my eye makeup at around 8pm, went out and came home around 2am. It was warm in the bar and I noticed a lot of people who by the end of the night had faded eye makeup. My eyes, however, looked exactly as they had when I left my house. I used the primer again last night for New Years Eve. I did a silvery smokey eye and applied it at 6pm. I went to bed around 3am and I glanced in the mirror before I took off my makeup. Again, my eyes looked exactly the same. It was as if I had just applied my makeup at that moment. I LOVE this product. The only downside is that it becomes difficult to actually remove your makeup. You will need waterproof makeup remover. I actually ran out, and I had quite a hard time getting off but I eventually did! :)



The primer is on the expensive side at $17 for .25 ounces plus sipping. I happen to have purchased it during a flash sale for only$10. In retrospect, I should have bought two of them, which was the maximum you could purchase during the sale. Damn! Hindsight is always 20/20. The Urban Decay primer I usually buy is $19 for .37 ounces. Not really a huge difference in price.

I highly recommend this primer. It not only intensifies your eye shadow color but it really does last. It is well worth the price and what's better than not having to worrying about touching up your makeup at work or during a fun night out. Go buy it!!

www.limecrimemakeup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment